Perseverance

Jacob - Columbus, New Jersey
Themes: work

You don’t become enormously successful without encountering and overcoming a number of extremely challenging problems.” Mark Victor Hansen .

I believe that perseverance is only the beginning, working hard goes hand in hand with persevering.

I believe that learning something new, such as a new sport, perseverance is needed to succeed. “Practice makes perfect,” many teachers, coaches, and my parents have told me a plethora of times. In learning a new sport, teamwork is needed in a practice to succeed in learning something new. Making a school team, perseverance and giving my all is what I need and what my coaches ask for.

Perseverance isn’t only needed for hard things, such as learning a new sport. Everyday things require perseverance as well. Doing my chores requires that I do my best to get done what is needed, and what is expected of me. As well as doing my homework takes perseverance, because of the length and difficulty of the homework I am assigned. Everyday things takes as much perseverance as anything else much harder would.

Learning to play an instrument and read music takes a lot of perseverance and hard work. The first thing I had to do was pick the correct instrument for me to learn how to play. Practicing an instrument isn’t as easy as practicing a sport, but it’s as hard as learning a new sport. “When practicing, perfect practice is how you get better,” is what my old band teacher taught me. Taking on an instrument takes dedication, to get better.

Finishing has its own reward. When I finish something I feel accomplished and have a good feeling inside. To finish something I have to be determined. Finishing strong is important. In a sport I have to finish strong to have a good chance of making the team. Finishing strong and determined go hand in hand with each other.

I believe that perseverance is only the beginning, working hard goes hand in hand with persevering. Persevering and finishing are two important to remember. Persevering and finishing strong are important to me when I play sports but I apply that concept to everything I do everyday in school and at home.