Lying is Never Right

Jahnelle - Trenton, New Jersey

Have you ever done something that your parents didn’t know about? Did it ever make you mad, when they took something away from your room or just something very valuable from you?

Parents are the first people to ever give some kind of punishment. Lying to your friend is one thing, but to your parents is another thing. For instance, if you lie to your friend their feelings might be hurt, but they end up forgiving you. Now, for parents, if you lie to them about anything, then they will just keep going until you tell a different story. As adults always say tell the truth about anything and everything. If I were to tell anyone about lying, I would tell them that it’s not good.

Everyone lies during their lifetime, and some do it on purpose and some do it because there afraid of what might happen to them. If you lie to teacher, they might let you off the hook that time however, if they talk to someone else that was in the situation, and that person tells the truth about the story, then you’ll be in serious trouble with them, and probably with the principle. Once your parents get the call about you lying to a teacher it’ll be even worse than how it was handled at school. When you’re in trouble, you’re telling yourself to think of s lie, or come up wit a lie to cover up the truth, so you don’t get into trouble.

Now, if you confess after you told a lie to your teacher, any adult, or your parents, you to the principles office, parents would discipline you, and any adult would ask you where you live, and then tell your parents. After you’ve told a lie, and then try and go back to tell the truth really isn’t a good idea because you’ll make it harder on yourself than you would of lying. Phone calls are the worst thing you could ever get in school by your principle. That’s the worst thing ever because it will lead to serious trouble; not only with you and the principle, but with your parents also.

Finally, the consequences after everythign you’ve done. Let’s say you get into trouble with your brothers and/or sisters, and your parents ask them how did that break? Then, they tell a different story from what you told, and you all know that you’re telling a lie, but you won’t confess. Next, the parents discipline you and your brothers and sisters. After that they give you all punishments. As some parents, they might make you write a sentence 100 times saying that I will never tell a lie. Apologizing, apologizing is something all parents tell their kids to do. When you apologize it tells them that you’re sorry for what you did, and hopefully you won’t do it again.