Friendships

Tori - USA

I believe in true friendships; ones that no matter what the bond between the two is never broken. I believe that there is someone out there for everybody. A true friend must be deserving of the title. A true friend will be walking in when the entire world seems to be walking out. You might have a lot of friends but, how many of them will always be loyal to you?

Through out my years friends come and go but there is one girl that has always been by my side. Her name is Kelly. We met when we were about a year old. My mom knew hers and I guess you could thank them for our friendship. From the baby carriage walks in the park to the crazy sleepovers we have been through it all. Our friendship has been tested many times. For example, the battle we had when we were about 11 years old.

When you have a best friend like Kelly you tell them everything, secrets, crushes, basically your life. The deal with this is what is said between us is kept between us. We stayed true to this until she told someone one of my biggest secrets. I trusted her and I felt not only betrayed but embarrassed as well. I didn’t know what to think or do but I was hurt. We got in this huge fight. We yelled and screamed for so long we forgot the real reason for fighting. When we finally calmed down it had been, three weeks. Then I received a phone call. It was Kelly and she pleaded for forgiveness. I could hear in her voice how truly sorry she was. At that moment I remembered she is my best friend and that we belong together. This experience taught us two things: that we need to be able to trust each other and, friends like us need to be together.

Friends belong together. With out one another, we are just alone out in a world that is way too big to handle. Everyone has that one special friend that is always there to support you. Just like me and Kelly we are inseparable.