Trash Cans

Cody - Litchfield, Maine

Trash Cans

Without trash cans where would we put all of our trash? On the floor, outside, or maybe even under our beds, down the toilet even? Without trash cans, why would we have a dumpster? The answer is… we wouldn’t. There would be no point of a dumpster without trash cans. It’d be like having a car without gas. I believe that every house should have at least one trash can.

Trash cans are not only useful for trash. Each of them have there own personality. Have you ever tried to hurriedly throw something away, and the trash can seems to have spit it out back onto the floor. It’s as if the trash can wants you to respect it more and pay attention to it. Next time, look inside the trash can as you throw that piece of candy wrapper away, show it the respect it deserves.

Each trash can also have its different tastes, just as all humans do. Some trash cans may be full of junk food, TV. Dinners, beer cans, and an empty container of ice cream. Other trash cans may be full of apple cores, banana peels, and V8 bottles. Life is like a trash can, you never know what might be under the next lid.

The next time you throw something away, think about that trash can having its own personality, tastes, and differences. This I believe that trash cans are more than a place to dispose of dry waste matter.