Life of an outdoorsmen

Wesley - Bordentown, New Jersey
Themes: nature

I believe hunters are the best conservationist’s, I believe there is nothing like the outdoors, I believe there is nothing like a day on the water, I believe in fair chase, I believe hunters and fisherman are misjudged, and I believe hunters don’t get the respect they deserve.

Hunters and fishermen are the leading conservationist’s of wildlife. Therefore without hunting or fishing there would be an over population if wildlife which in turn could make the animals starve and suffer. That shows that hunters and fishermen help the animals. They may have less population but they will be healthier.

I think there is nothing like being in the outdoors. I also think there is nothing like a flock of Canada geese locking up and committing to a spread of decoys. I there is nothing like loud squeal of a drake wood duck when he is sitting on the water in the flooded timbers. There is nothing like the loud gobble of a strutting turkey in his roosting spot.

From my point of view there is nothing like a day on the water. The roaring water flowing down the streams sounds like music to my ears. Casting a fly to weary trout is what I do for fun. I believe there is nothing like casting a top water plug into the untamed water in search of a redfish.

I believe in fair chase of fish and wildlife. I believe in not shooting ducks or geese on the ground or water. I give no respect to anyone shooting turkeys, duck, or geese when they are roosting for the night. I also I believe in following all rules and regulations. I also believe in not stalking turkeys or other wildlife because it is unsportsmanlike.

All hunters and fishermen are misjudged. We are missed judge because people think that we hunt the animals for the fun of it. But most hunters hunt for the experience. Hunting with friends and family is the best of all. But the majority of hunters hunt for the food they get from it. Some hunters that I know hunt for there own food and also they give the food to homeless shelters and soup kitchens. I believe that hunting is privilege not a right. Hunting and fishing are a way to go out and enjoy the animals and the environment.

I strongly feel that many hunters and fishermen do not get the respect they need and dissever. They get honked and yelled at by passing drivers when trying to be quiet in the woods or fields. They also get disrespected when people that are against hunting go to hunting seminars and class to get permits. If they get there permits they go out and try to give the hunters a bad name.

I think that people have to learn more about hunting and fishing before they argue them of something they didn’t do or never will do. The people also don’t know how nice the environment/wildlife is.