Effort can make life different

ChinYi - Appleton, Wisconsin

Have you done your best efforts to get what you want? My answer is “I have.” Today, I live and study in the United States which my dream come true. This journey has extended my view, made my life different, and strengthened my confidence. Therefore, I believe that effort can make life different.

When I was a high school student, I had an American dream. I envied the people who had a good job and career because they had studied in the United States. It is not easy to study in America. first, people need to pass the English exam. Second, they must afford the expensive tuition and living. Third, they must obtain a student visa. In fact, I have failed the English exam once and my parents’ financial condition was not stable by that time, but my egoism told me that I had to overcome these difficulties because going to America was what I wanted.

After that, I tried to find more time to study English when I still had my full time job, and then, I tried to persuade my parents to let them understand how important it was for me to study in the Untied States. I did put a lot of efforts to make my American dream happen. I do not believe that if I need money to go to America, I only buy lottery instead of working hard to save money. I do not believe that if I need a high score to pass the English exam, I only dream the score without study hard. Eventually, my effort was worth. I passed the English exam and was accepted by the school in the United States. I gathered all my money from my saving and my parents’ help. The final step, I obtained the student visa by America Embassy.

However, not all my friends and family approve my plan. My brother has questioned me that did I consider the consequences after I went to the United States. First, I may not be able to find a good job than the one I have in Taiwan after I get a degree in America. Second, I may lose all the money I have if I cannot graduate in the United States. Third, I need to re-build my social life in a foreign country which the culture and custom are totally different. In fact, my effort has made my life different now. I believe that I can have a good career in medical industry because I am going to be a nurse. I believe that I can contribute some benefits from my knowledge and experience that I learn in America to my country. I believe that my view is not confined only my country, but it has extended to the world. Therefore, I think studying in America is a right decision.

In conclusion, I believe that effort can make life different. Luck is unexpected, but effort can be controlled by myself.