I know this to be true…

Sarah - Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Themes: Christianity

I, Katie Suggs, believe that God is the creator of everything. He is the One, True God, and He sent His only son to this world, for us. I also believe that God is Love. Everything He is and does exemplifies that. He is good. Plain and simple; always and forever. God also exists in three parts: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All three have a separate role in existence, all while being completely unified in one amazing being. To me, God is, just as I said, the father; the discipliner. And as I stated before, He does this completely out of love. He is all-powerful and omnipresent. Jesus, His son, is the perfect atoning sacrifice sent to us to be an example; the perfect example. He was/is/and always will be perfect. He became sin, in the flesh, and took the penalty I deserved. So while many think that what happened that day on the cross was a picture of the hatred of God, I know that it was the perfect picture of His love for His people.

I believe that the Bible is true; that everything in it, while physically written and recorded by man, was ordained by the Spirit and written as it actually happened. So with that means that Abraham really did almost sacrifice his son, Isaac; a donkey really did speak to Balaam; Jesus was born of a virgin; and Jesus died on the cross at Calvary, and rose on the third day just as the prophets said He would. The Bible offers us the history of the Hebrew people, along with instructions for better living; it is full of love letters from His people to Him, and vice versa; and tells mankind the most beautiful story ever told, that of Jesus. He was put upon that cross in my place; because He was perfect, and I most definitely am not. But God loved me, and everyone else, enough to spare us, and give us eternal life in Heaven. And I am also completely comfortable with saying that sometimes, I truly do not understand His love for me because of the sin in my life. But I NEVER doubt if it’s real.

I don’t just believe in these things, I know them to be true. Yes, I did grow up in a Christian household, and yes, I still believe very similar to that of my parents; but no, I am not just holding on to this belief system because of them and their experiences. God lavishes His grace on me everyday. I believe everything good comes from Him, and that if I do not accept Him as my Father, and Jesus as His Son, then I am destined for Hell. I believe that my love for Him and His love for me cannot be imaginary or dreamed up. I believe that my sole purpose on this Earth is to bring Him glory and live out my days according to the Word He has set for us in the Bible.

I am a Christian, not bound by the ways or the people in this world, but completely set apart for a world other than this. I’m not bound by chains or denomination, but completely and wholeheartedly captivated by who and what the Lord promises.