Time

Bryan - Valencia, California
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that nothing has ever been so beautiful as to be man graced with time. Being a college student, the world flashes by, without falter, constantly pressing forward. This time refuses to be challenged, and us as individuals are merely encapsulated by its indifferent presence. This repetition thins the meaning, as every moment that passes seems to become lost in the unordered mess that are memories and thoughts. The transparent, invisible nature of time causes it to be defined as impartial, but is exactly what makes it so remarkable. We trust time, each and every moment to exist in its current state, like the one before it, and the one to come. There in lies the beauty behind the secret. The time we live in exists in two states, one of a subjective view and one of omnipotence. The subjective view motivating our short-term actions and goals, with the overlooking view embracing and evaluating the collective series. It is the secret tool with which we appraise our lives. Time exists in an independent state of us, of me, yet there is nothing more upon which I depend. Repetition of this time through my life spreads it thinly across the surface of my world. The secret is that my world shines a false light causing only a glimpse of the picture to be seen. For time is never spread too thinly, nor piled on to thickly, it is exactly what an individual needs it to be to exist in the moment; to think, to love, to feel, to lose. Time is the medium by which we live our lives. My name is Bryan O’Rourke and I believe in time.