Forgiveness

Kimberly - Bailey, Co. 80421, Colorado

Forgiveness

I believe in forgiveness. Have you ever really been hurt by someone you love and trust; I know I have. It seems so hard to let go of the past and forgive. In order to move forward in life, you must let go of the past, this I believe. Don’t forget, just forgive. When we hold grudges and do not forgive, it hurts only us and not the person we are upset with.

It all started about five years ago, when my mother became terminally ill with leukemia. My beautiful, little mom was diagnosed with leukemia and was unable to get better. She was placed in hospice shortly after. I had to work full time and lived 1 ½ hrs from the Hospice center. My younger sister, was able to get a room very close to the Hospice center, in order to visit our mother on a daily basis. I was happy as was my Mom, to have my sister, Alicia, visiting her. However, my sister did not visit as much as she could have, even though she said she did; she remains in denial. I think the reason she did not visit our mother as much as she could have was due to alcohol and drug abuse. You see my sister was a long term addict. Although, I love my sister dearly, it hurt me to see my mother let down. Our beautiful little Mom, full of forgiveness and love. When our mother passed away, I, being the oldest had to ensure all necessary arrangements for our mother’s funeral. My sister became very jealous and angry with me. She said I did not include her in making decisions. I never once intended to hurt or upset my sister, but my Mother’s needs came before ours. I believe you must forgive one another, or at least try. To this very day things have not been the same for my sister and me. I do try to be patient and forgiving. My heart is deeply saddened because of our disagreements. Forgiveness must be from both parties, not just one. Forgiveness is greatness. To forgive one you must first love yourself to let it go. Let all the pain free and give it to the Lord. I have faith in the Lord and ask him for forgiveness of what I have done in my past. There are some things I have done I am not proud of, but I pray for forgiveness.

A person might argue, how do you forgive? What if someone did wrong to you or your loved one, could you forgive them? My answer would be maybe. I would be lying if I said I could forgive anything, but I would honestly try. I believe I could forgive the wrong doer if it was directed to me, but if it were directed to a loved one, I just don’t know. I’d have to pray about it and ask for the strength to do so. Help us please Lord.