Lisa - neshanic station, New Jersey

Morally Right can’t be Wrong!

To start this story we’ll do it the old fashioned way, it is a true story, however there is no ending, nor should there be.

Once upon a time in the great state of New Jersey, hardships did fall upon all the good citizens of this fair state.

Dave and Lisa being Brokers and Owners of Real Estate Company sat down one day and talked about all the friends and family they knew that was falling victim to job loss, financial loss, and mortgage problems. Such a sad state of affairs, they thought. Dave and Lisa had been talking about it on and off over the last few months with real answers to the problems so many were facing.

One afternoon while they we’re going over the contracts set to go into attorney review. Lisa stopped working, turned to Dave and said, we really need to think of a way to help these people. Some of our friends and family are facing foreclosure and worse. I know sadly said Dave, Well, then, Lisa replied, what can we do to try and help them? Certainly our experience and knowledge with housing and mortgages we should be able to help in some small way try and fix some of their problems, can’t we? Dave sat and contemplated over it yet again as it wasn’t the first time they had thought about it. As he was thinking Lisa in her usual can’t be quite way said, Listen Dave we are Brokers, we have knowledge and the only thing about helping people is that we won’t be earning any income by doing this. It also will take a lot of our time. I know, I know Dave replied, with a knowing nod of his head. What can we do that can possibly make any difference, Lisa we don’t have any real money to speak of!

It’s not money we can help with Dave, listen, we can call these banks and credit card companies and try to negotiate a lower interest rate or ask for modification of their loans. You are like a wizard in the mortgage industry, you know and I know it. Maybe that can be of some help to everyone.

It can’t hurt it can only help right? With that they both agreed to take some time out of each day and start making calls and getting information to help their friends and family.

Now to continue story that’s never ending. Dave and Lisa went on to start to help other people not just those related to them or friends. They decided it was the right thing to do.

It’s a daily process, still going slowly but with some of the people we are starting to see some progress. We are keeping a positive attitude, it’s still all up in the air as to the final outcome, we’re trying.. We’re in the business of buying and selling homes, there’s no denying that. And still continue every day to practice real estate to earn a living in addition to the pure enjoyment of the Real Estate World.

The moral to this story is an oldie but a goodie.

Give more than you receive. As it will benefit your soul ten times over!

Doing something morally good for those around you can’t be wrong!

Always try and help, give more than you’re able to give.

One never knows when you may be faced with the same situation!