I believe in a little things called reality

Kyle - La Crescent, Minnesota
Themes: humanism

I believe in a thing called reality. Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, reality is in the mind of the thinker. Conceptual versions of reality are taught to guide us through life, and we are presented with alternate forms of reality, but it’s ultimately up to you, my friend, the thinker. I believe that humanity in general is far too worried about…well….everything! In my opinion we can only control a very limited aspect of life, and that is…..ourselves. Sure, we can change how we view things, but in that different reality that we aren’t viewing, we are unable to change it. Make sense? No? Okay, good. I believe in the power of asserting points or ideas that are not in line with traditional paths of thought. When I was just a little boy, I was forced to move across country to live with my father after my parents’ divorce. Such a sudden change in my life caused me to begin viewing things through different lenses so to say. I suddenly came to the idea that there are varying forms of consciousness, and they come with experience. EUREKA! I found it! What I’ve been searching for all my life! Well…….no, not really. This was the first step in my discovery of human thought patterns and the ways in which we relate to the world around us.

I believe in the power of people and they ways in which they do things. I believe in the mind and the vital role it plays. I believe in the conscious and the sub-conscious. The hidden ways, and the mysterious functions are what I strive to figure out. I’ve spent countless hours at a local coffee shop, and the mall, and the streets just……people watching. I could sit for hours upon hours and watch people. It’s fascinating what they do, and challenging to draw conclusions as to why they do it. I believe that the influence of humanity on a single person is a beautiful thing. It’s like; let’s just pretend that you suddenly have the capabilities to turn invisible. What would you do with that power? Personally I would stand in doorways in various buildings and watch people go in and out, and listen to their every word, watch their every step, and see their every gesture.

I also believe in the converse of the statement I said in the previous few lines, and that’s the power of one individual to influence all of humanity. I believe that once person, just living his or her life has such a HUGE impact on every part of the world that I could go on and on speculating how one person can change the world. But, it’s true! Imagine if you didn’t exist, or if you had never met your kindergarten friend who moved away that year. Every person that crosses your path was there. I don’t believe that we cross each other’s paths for any particular reason, but just the fact that we have paths that cross makes me value the importance of others. It’s mindboggling to even try and imagine life without someone you have known dearly, but believe it or not, EVERY person you’ve met, seen, smelled, touched…dare I say…tasted…..makes the difference between this reality and….that other one that you don’t know yet. Reality is in the mind of the thinker. The more you fill your mind with, the more diverse your reality. The more diverse your reality, the more people cross your path. The more people that cross your path, the more meaning you can delegate to your life. It’s a long cycle that involves knowledge. I believe in the power of the brain. That’s the nutshell version of it.