I believe in Banana Peels

Chidalu - Lithonia, Georgia

I believe in banana peels. Everyone knows of the simple cartoon back in the day where one person simply trips on a banana peel and it brings laughter and joy to the whole house. Laughter and joy is certainly what makes the boring world go around. With out laughter, what else would we possibly do? Imagine sitting at home while a funny super bowl commercial just popped on during break. No one laughs. If no one laughs, people are out of business. When people are out of business, everyone is sad. Banana peels make everything better!

Believe it or not, little kids have devastating days as well. I was never one of those little kids but if I saw one, I always knew how to make the smile! Want to know how? All you have to do is smile yourself! Back when I was a little girl, I remember getting ready to go somewhere and I had on a terrible outfit. Compliments of being able to dress my self. While I was waiting for my parents to arrive downstairs, I wanted to entertain myself. I was looking around and around and saw nothing. None of my toys, my brothers, not even markers. However, I did see a banana and I was hungry. So, I ate the banana. Then I thought to myself “I wonder what would happen if I stepped on this, would I slip and fall on my butt like T.V!?” Well there was only one way to find out.

To make a long story short and less embarrassing, I did fall. I fell straight on my butt…three times in fact. It was funny enough for me try it two more times. To make matters worse or “funnier”, my parents came down and saw me in my terrible outfit on the ground laughing hysterically to myself with a banana peel stuck on my head. Self explanatory. In the end of what I could remember, my day was great and I now always know what to do when the worst comes to the worst. I believe in banana peels.