The Determination For Daily Dreams

Christopher - Wellesley, Massachusetts
Themes: work

“If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward you’re always in the same place” – Nora Roberts

I believe the only way to get what you want in life is to go out and fight for it.

In my life, I have been surrounded by greatness and success. My mother and father both went to Tufts University in Massachusetts, and then my father got his Masters degree in business. My grandfather played in the NFL for 5 years, one of which years was with the Chiefs in their Super Bowl IV win. Both my great uncles also played college football for Colorado University.

Since my family has had so much success, I can’t let myself be one-upped and look bad. However, being surrounded by greatness has made me perhaps too naïve and unrealistic. Perhaps because of my lack of awareness or the sense for reality, I dream big. My goal, or dream, is to be the best tennis player in America.

Two years ago, I couldn’t even hit the ball into the court, let alone win points. However, since I began playing tennis I have practiced everyday in hope of getting better. Today I am now in the top 10 players in MA for my age group. I have improved so quickly and extensively it’s pretty unbelievable.

I say that if I try my hardest everyday and go out and think smart then it’s within my reach. Being born with talent is something that I don’t believe exists. You aren’t born with the ability to walk you have to crawl first, you aren’t born with the ability to sing you have to speak first. No one person is more gifted than anyone else. The person who always wins is whoever tries harder, and I will always try my hardest.