Practice Makes Perfect

James - Seal Beach, California
Themes: work

I believe that if you put enough effort and practice into something, you will achieve your goals in life. To get good at something you need to practice and believe that you can do whatever it is in life that you want to do. An example of practicing to achieve a goal is when I made the Los Alamitos golf team.

Two months ago, I made the high school golf team, which was one of my goals on my list. This is a list of what I did to make the golf team: practiced a lot, played different courses, and acquired some lessons from a professional golfer. Also, I achieved this goal by going to the driving range 6-7 times a week to work on my putting, chipping, and hitting. I started taking lessons from a PGA Professional to help me get better at golf. On the weekends, my friends and I usually visited one of the multiple local courses to use what we have been practicing all week; we had numerous fun, but competitive times when we went golfing. Another technique I used to make sure I was ready for the tryouts was that I went to the golf course that the tryouts would be at and practiced the holes that we would play during the tryouts. By using this strategy, I got a feel for the holes I would play by knowing how long and what place I needed to hit the ball to do well. The night before the tryouts I went to the driving range by my house and practiced everything I learned from my instructor for twice as long as I normally would have practiced. My goal was to practice as much as Tiger Woods. Also, when I went to the tryouts, I wanted to play like I was playing with my friends on a weekend.

I felt extremely happy the day I found out that I made the golf team. I soon realized that all my hard work and practice paid off. This story applies to the reader why it is always good to practice and to put a lot of effort into something that you want extremely bad. I dream that you can achieve anything you want to, if you put your mind to it and practice. I received my goal by practicing vigorously and by putting my mind to it. The main point of this story was to inform you that practice makes perfect and to give it your best effort.