the Ultimate Friendship Guru

Eric - La Palma, California

What I have always been fanatical about in a friend is the letter Q. My fascination of this magical letter has brought me some of the best friends life has to offer. Whether it is the starting letter of somebody’s name, shaven into their hair, or found in an alphabet soup, Q has never let me down. Depressing as it is, Q is one of the most forgotten letters of the alphabet. I want to change that, by getting many friends with the letter Q somewhere in their lives, and make a cult, which will be super secret and called the QQQ. It stands for Quaintly Quiet Quarterback. So it is obvious that my purpose here on earth is to preach the words of Q, like “quake” and such. I am currently looking for friends that’s lives have also been so deeply affected by the letter Q. Once upon a time in a land where we live right now, I had a friend named Eric. We had been friends since 3rd grade. Although we were great friends, there was always something missing in Eric that I could not understand. He was nice, smart, funny and even Asian; what could be missing? Often there would be times that I would cry myself to sleep, just to wake up shrieking from all of the stress this problem caused me. One day though, Eric was taking a test and was writing his name. As I leaned over to peek, I observed that Eric had misspelled his name that he had been writing correctly since preschool: “Eriq”. Suddenly I felt a beautiful and calm sensation at the tip of my chest. It felt just like the final stage of the digestive system. I finally knew what had been missing; it was the enchanting letter Q! Once upon a time, in a mysterious and magical place called Long Beach, I had a girlfriend named Queenie. She was my dream girlfriend; everything about her was perfect. Her name started with a Q, the ways that she hunched when she stood still made the shape of a Q, and she would quack like a duck every fifteen seconds. There was only one problem: She hated the word “quadplex”, which happens to start with a Q. That really turned me off. “Quadplex” happened to be my most favorite word in the world, and my girlfriend hated it. So I had to end our relationship, but sometimes I wish that it would have lasted for a quadrillion years. Q creates strong bonds between people. This I don’t just believe; this I live.