I believe in the ever vigilance of my dog.

Chris - Denver, Colorado

I believe in the gratitude that he demonstrates, a shining beacon, gathering the will and comfort of others. From him, I have discovered the true meaning of happiness, one who is willing to make sacrifices for he whom he esteems. I have unearthed his acceptance for those around him, coming new to a home, with inconsideration for objects of value. Table and chair legs, socks, sheets, nothing proved to be significant enough for deliberation, torn away with brief, yet meaningful gnashes of his razor teeth. His oblivious character towards our cares showed my family and me very little about him, just creating revulsion towards him.

I believe that Calvin’s changes as a pet revolutionized my perception of his attitude. He began to become affectionate in a non-destructive way. He became demonstrative towards me and the rest of my family, calming to our actions towards him. To my other dog, he became a companion who was there for play and enjoyment.

I believe in Calvin’s persistence in his willingness to please. His ability to bring a smile to our faces is constant and un-relentless. His amusing character is sure to create passion and veneration. During the lonely nights, when the shadows provoked an eerie casting upon the walls, and the wind whispered its ominous words, he is there to calm you. His ability to create comfort and security is above all prevalent with you. His competence in protection and creation of an asylum came to be an appreciated gift; and when your ability to compensate for fear overwhelmed you, he is present to provide refuge.

The first time I saw him, I knew that he was the right choice. In the beginning, a dog of destruction; but with time, a well-mannered agent of hope and security. His being allows for understanding and excitement, creativity and enjoyment. His nature has allowed for great prosperity and humility.

I believe in Calvin’s eccentricity, and from him, I have learned the true meaning of happiness, a loyal companion, willing to give their life to ensure yours, one who will warm you in the times of cold, bitter hatred, and will comfort when such things are asked. From this, I believe.