Power of Thinking

Cameron - Denver
Themes: hope

I believe in the power of positive thinking. In many times when people are faced with hard times or injury or even when things aren’t going there way they don’t think positively. Through my life I have learned to use positive thinking to endure hard times.

In last years 2008 lacrosse season during our spring break tournament I faced and injury that took me out for nearly two months. With the pain of shin splints and a horrible pain in my hip flexor I could only play so much in Florida and missed many big games in our huge run in April. At first when the injury first occurred I told the coaches and captains that I could play and I was fine. But as I played and played they noticed my play decrease and said I couldn’t play. This devastated me and I felt as if I was letting my team and coaches down, and I thought so negatively of myself and how I could let this injury happen. As I sat on the sidelines in anger and frustration I realized that positive thinking would be the only thing that could make this injury seem less than it was and bring me back quicker. So from that day forward I pushed myself to get better and took rehab seriously to the up most. And about a month and a half later I was back on the field and helped my team to become the 2008 state champions in Colorado.

In the end this process made me take a different view on life and use the power of positive thinking in my day-to-day life. And once again this year I am facing another injury and the power of positive thinking and faith in my team is healing me quicker and wanting to get out on the field and contribute to my team’s success more and more.