Cheaters are Unhappy

Cole - West Columbia, Texas
Themes: integrity

I believe that cheaters are unhappy. Whenever I say that cheaters are unhappy, I don’t mean that if one day a person makes a decision to cheat on a science test they will have a bad day. I am saying that if a person decides to make this bad choice that they are unhappy inside. If that person had studied and completed the test honesty they would have happiness and pride in themselves instead of being unhappy or displeased inside themselves. If people would be more honest with themselves and with everyone else there could be more improvement in our society and in our world. Last year in our algebra class we had a really big test that we had to study all week for. During the period of time that we were supposed to be studying I decided that I wanted to study and one of my good friends decided that they wanted to not do their fair share of studying for the test. When it came time to take the test they cheated on the test. When we graded our papers me and my friend both made a good grade on the test, but I was happy because I had earned my grade. My friend seemed happy that they had done well on their test, but they were disappointed at what they had to go through to get their grade. When my friend came and asked me why I was so happy I told him that it was because I earned my grade and didn’t do the wrong think and cheat.