I Believe What Goes Around Comes Around

Jessica - Angleton, Texas
Themes: golden rule

I believe that what goes around comes around. To me what goes around comes around means that what you do, how you act, or your attitude towards people or even the world can get back to you. I tend to keep this belief in the back of my mind at all times because I think mainly about how if I do something selfless and bighearted that maybe I’ll be rewarded for it. I also think about the negative side of it, like if I’m having a bad day and I take it out on someone else. I consider how it will come back to me one day. Actually, I just recently started to accept the fact this year. I guess it’s the reality of being in high school where there’s drama all the time.

Basically, in high school everyone knows everyone else’s business. I try to stay out of it and I’m usually pretty good at it. Almost everyone has had their moments where they say something that they don’t mean to, but then it gets twisted and spread around school. Obviously this has happened to me, I mean, I’m not perfect. For example, I once poorly judged a guy at my school after just talking to him one time. I called him weird, but what I meant and should’ve said was that he made me feel uncomfortable. Before I knew it, it got back to him. So my thinking before speaking lost me a friend before I even had one. That experience made me realize that, what goes around comes around because it made me see that if you do something bad that it will usually come back and get you. I think that taking this belief with me into the future will hopefully help me to be a better person.

No matter how you put it, systems help lead a person’s life. My belief in what goes around comes around will definitely be a big help to me forever as I’m sure it would be for others as well. Beliefs to me are those important personal things you can hold on to when all else fails. Like on those days when you think that things can’t get any worse but then they do. They are the assumptions we make about ourselves, how we think things really are, and what we think is really true. Not everyone has the same beliefs, because everyone is their own person with their own perspectives.