I Believe in Mistakes

Rania - Lake oswego, Oregon
Themes: question

I believe in mistakes. I believe that mistakes form us into the people we are. I believe mistakes are what we, as humans, were born to be. I believe we, the human race, will continue to make mistakes and I believe this, because where would our world be without them, mistakes.

“History repeats itself,” said the great poet Christopher, but mistakes are the foundation of history. And without them, our nations united under one universe, would upturn into a vast plain, rimmed with the acts of blasé, that tween films find so irresistible to advance from. In a progression, of frivolity and prep, that at some point will turn the sane some of our kind, into the not so mistakable suicide. Shall a nation so construct and so powerful, be destroyed in this way. In the everlasting humiliation of defeat and the impatience of man to let himself error the few mistakes that will in end shape and educate and unite the young of our society.

The mistakes in my life have taught me as well as people not unlike me to be thankful. To be thankful for the errors I do make and receive them as token or favors from “god or the gods, or both” (The Pearl, 12). And those endless mistakes I do make have in turn formed me into a person I withstand with the utmost pride. And those endless mistakes, of the few I endure in my inner circle, have taught them for the better (never mind the effect those errors tolled on me) and in a cliché way, those errors have kept my comrades from, “repeating history” so to speak.

Errors are who we are. Without them who are we to call our selves “only human”. Without them our bodies have might as well be programmed by a computer. And without them how are we, the United States, a nation of many able to pledge our allegiance to a flag that could not have been raised, without the blunders and wars of men past!