Junior High and Its Complications

Dimitri - Fort Collins, Colorado

When I first heard things about junior high I thought, “Oh my god this is gonna be awesome.” This was in seventh grade. I was very naïve; I thought it was going to be like all of the TV shows you see today. With all the perfect relationships, perfect grades and a perfect life for each and every one of the characters. Boy was I wrong. Now granted I did not help my self out by any means with friends and relationships. I believe that we all want to fit in and be ACCEPTED in this world. Now my life at times has been great, although at other times it has been a nightmare. My dad was in jail for 6 months during my seventh grade year and I guess that is when my school life started to go downhill. I wanted to be fit in my group of friends so what I thought I had to do was get a girlfriend so being a moron I just started to ask out all the girls without getting to know anyone. This as you can imagine did not go over so well. To make a long story short I did not get a girlfriend and all the girls thought I was “weird”. That did not feel too great.

Now eighth grade started off good. I was talking to everyone, making friends, it was a new start. But because of two poor choices by me I ended up with no friends and a reputation that I can not shake. No matter what it somehow comes up to interfere with my life. Let’s just say I was trying to fit in and be ACCEPTED by people at my school.

Ninth grade so far has been ok. The girls all remember what happened last year at my school. Therefore no girlfriend this year. I have come to realize a simple thing, who the hell needs a girl to make themselves feel good. Not me and I’ve come to understand that you can not count on anyone in this world. I dream of playing pro basketball and to get there I know I have to push myself and be the best I can be. Now something that might be affecting me now is my dad is now in prison for 5 years. I will be a freshman in college before I see him again.

I believe more then one thing as you can tell in my paper. I believe everyone will do anything to be accepted, to fit in, and you can’t rely on anyone but yourself in the long run.