I belive confidence is the key to everything.

Brittany - Brazoria, Texas
Themes: Christianity

I believe confidence is the key to anything.

When you’re a little kid, you never think before you speak, you have the confidence to go up to a complete stranger and give them a hug just because they look down. Though we all have this confidence when we are younger, it starts to fade as you enter your preteen and teenage years and the pressure to be perfect is rest upon your shoulders and the insecurities that come with that.

The occurred to me when one day my family and I were at the grocery store getting our weekly groceries. And a little kid walked up to me and asked, “Do you have a quarter so I can get a gum ball?” I told him I didn’t have one. I watched him go to another lady down the aisle and ask the same question. My mother, watching said I was the same way when I was younger. Now I couldn’t ever see myself doing something like that, walking up to a complete stranger and talking to them, much less asking them for a favor of giving me a quarter. Children have no care in the world, so innocent to everything. But they will soon need someone to fall back on when his confidence runs out, and the pressure of the world doubts them.

That is when we should seek to God for confidence. With confidence you can achieve anything, but with confidence you to need God, he is the one who created you, he knows your weaknesses and he is who will help you through anything. When we are down and filling like nothing is going right, God is there for you to rely on always to boost your spirits and feel less alone on those hard days when you feel as if you have nothing to be confident about.

If the world had more confidence, I feel the people of the world would be happier in life. Everyday people doubt themselves on what they do, how they dress, what they said, what they didn’t say, the decisions they have made, and anything else you could possibly think of. But with just a little bit of confidence you could erase all those doubts from your mind and live life to the fullest instead of worrying. Confidence could give you the power of a more rewarding life. Though with the lifestyle we have today, people are judged on everything they do, say, or how they present their self. Putting all that aside just being you, and being confident can get you anywhere in life no matter who you are.

When I think about how this all applies to me, I’m not always confident though I try my best always to be in everything I do. But when I am doubtful I pray to God for the confidence I need to present my science project to the class, or anything else I set my mind to do. With confidence you can achieve anything.