I believe in marriage

Daniel - Atlanta, Georgia

I believe that marriage is a much needed vocation of living in today’s world. It is so sad to hear of divorces. They have become so popular that at times many people question the purpose. Examples of such are when a celebrity couple dates for years then marry. In a short time later, there divorced. Maybe that’s one problem that has influenced marriage, the role models and reasons we have for getting married. I believe that marriage is still strong in today’s world. Both of my grandparents have been married for over 50 years. This makes me believe that marriage is a strong and much needed vow in today’s world.

My grandfather has started to become very ill. His age has caught up to him as he has lost memory and other things which of course has a huge impact on everyone around. My grandmother is still at his side. They have truly grown old together. Through the good and bad times, through sickness and through health. As they have had nine children, one is handicapped from birth, they honored there vows and loved each other. This has led to a 50 year happy marriage, and still going. Those 50 years where not always easy but it’s worth it.

My other grandparents have also been married for 50 years and still going. My grandparents actually went to the same high school together and where good friends. This shows that love can be from a young age and last a life time. These marriages these people prove that marriage is a very positive thing as they have raised great children which leads them to raise great kids. Combined they are always there for me which has affected me even more.

I believe in marriage. It is one of the oldest rituals known to man and it has not been going well for many people in today’s society. I believe that with marriage done right, in the end there can only be happiness.