God’s Will be Done

Umecca - Canton, Michigan

It’s funny how we ask God to give us guidance and to show us things, and when He does we do everything in our power opposite of the very thing we asked Him for. I soon found out that God has His own way of giving us just what we ask for, even if it feels like your whole world and everything around you is coming to an end. And this I truly believe, that God knows what’s best for me.

Three years ago I went through a break-up with my ex-boyfriend of 10 years. This was the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, even though deep down inside I knew I was unhappy I chose to stay with him in a relationship that seemed to be on the right track, we had a daughter and brought a house together and was planning to wed sooner or later, so needles to say I never saw the day coming that he would just up and move out the house giving me only a weeks notice.

Throughout the ten years of our relationship, we went through the typical break-ups, my ex had played so many emotional games and cheated on me so much to the point that it had just gotten out of hand. He would mess around then beg for my forgiveness and every time I would take him back eventually I gave him an ultimatum, even though I loved him and wanted to be with him I had to come to some breaking point. So I sat down and had a talk with God.

“Lord if this is not the man for me please show me, give me some kind of sign. And if you do this for me I promise you I will do the right thing I will leave him.”

Needless to say I caught him in the bed with another women and I still stayed with him and had no intentions on ever leaving him. So imagine how I felt the day he told me he was leaving, I was devastated and heartbroken.

“Why, I” asked. “How could this be?” I couldn’t understand it until one night as I lie in bed crying, God spoke to me and ask me why was I so upset?

“Didn’t you ask me to show you that he wasn’t the one for you? You made promises to me that you didn’t keep, and I knew that you wouldn’t so instead of you leaving him I told him to leave you. You must trust in me and know that I know what’s best for you. In life things are not in your will, there not even in his will, ‘my will be done’ so dry your tears it’s over it’s said and it’s done! Trust me you’ll be just fine.”

From that moment on I never shed another tear over it. It’s been three years later and I’ve been doing just fine without him. Even though I’m still single, I believe that God knows what’s best for me and that he will always give me just what I need.