Dream of Life

Patrick - Richardson, Texas

I believe that life is a dream. The world is full of illusion, and there is no reality. Everything, everyone around me is illusion. Everyone walks alone on a different and lonely road. We do walk past each other and we come and go. Shadows are the only things that walk beside us. We should live life to the fullest because we never know when we will wake up. Once we wake up, another new dream begins.

Four years ago, I came to America alone for a better education, leaving all my family behind. I was alone, and everything felt like a dream, dream of loneliness. The 24 hours fly, I was alone. In school, I was alone. Everyday I was alone and everyday was the same routine, going to school ,and I understood absolutely nothing, being mocked by people around me and did not know it. Riding in a car with my uncle, looking around the world I was in, I had no idea what was around me. Every place I went, people spoke a language that I did not understand, and words that I had never seen before. I felt that I lived in an unknown world; a world without oxygen where I could not survive.

On this lonely road, I meet everyone around me who cares about me. I know they have their own path, and I am just a traveler who walks pass them. I enjoy every moment I am with them because I know that at one point we will separated and continue the journey on our own. We might not meet ever again; it’s all determined by faith. I will be alone again until I meet the next person on this path of uncertainty.

At the end of the pathway, I will wake up from this dream of life. The Patrick in the dream will evaporate along with every memory, the bad ones, the good ones, the sad ones, and the happy ones. Another new, different dream will begin as this one end. I believe life is a dream.