Key to a peace of mind

Bryan - Plano, Texas
Themes: tolerance

I believe that an open mind is the key to a peace of mind. An open mind reveals the unseen door; that lead us to solutions to perpetual restlessness. Without an open mind how is one able to achieve a peace of mind if one closes his heart and mind to what surrounds him? The answer is simple; one will never find the most sought ‘commodity’ in human life.

An open mind is something I always try to maintain. Phil Jackson’s quote “An open mind leaves a chance for someone to drop a worthwhile thought in it” is spot on how I feel. An open mind brings a greater chance of understanding and coping with the issues of life. It can bring life changing experiences, help shape a perspective more than the generic black and white shade that many abide to, and make yourself a better person. One must be wary of what one opens up to, because some ideas and views are best to be left untouched and forgotten.

For me, peace of mind is the utmost attainment is that one could achieve and that

Many want to get in their lifetime. I know for a fact I do not have “peace of mind” because I am only seventeen years old and hopefully I have quite amount of time before my time comes. Originally, I thought the key to a peace of mind was through God and my faith in him. But a series of misfortunate events that sowed the seeds of doubt that eventually shattered my faith in God. I have now changed my perspective to a more of an agnostic perspective on religion. Now, don’t get me wrong God and faith may be for some people, but I don’t feel the same way anymore. I feel that if I am able to keep an open mind and heart I can be one step closer to achieving “knowing thyself” that bestows the knowledge and understanding to keep myself strong in the face of discord. I believe that an open mind is the key to a peace of mind.