Be passionate to achieve happiness

Jesse - Plano, Texas
Themes: work

When it comes to doing things in life that will bring happiness, I feel that people have to be passionate about what they’re doing in order to achieve that happiness out of your work. If one has no passion and all their heart in whatever they have chosen to do, there really isn’t any point in doing it. Your final product won’t come out to be your best work. Being passionate can lead you to happiness.

Growing up I was always taught that I should only do things if I was going to do them with 100% effort. And when I found football, that’s when I really understood that message. I started playing football when I was about six years old. At first I was really just playing because my parents signed me up, so I went along with the idea. I wasn’t too good when I started; I really wasn’t feeling the whole football thing in the beginning. My first couple of seasons where just terrible, I was the worst kid on the team. That really didn’t fly will with me; I hated being that kid that everyone made fun of for being bad at football.

So when I was about nine years old, it finally hit me that if I want to enjoy playing football and be happy, I was going to put all my heart into it. And from that point forward I worked my tail off to be the best player I could be. Every summer I attended football camps and all sort of football clinics. Once I put my heart into football, there was no stopping me. I was going to be the best.

So when I got to middle school, I was a very different player then when I first started playing this great game. Both seventh and eighth grade all my hard work paid off, I was the starting running back for the school. I was probably the best player on the team. All that passion I had put into football spilled over to other sports like track and basketball. I just became a beast in all the sports I did, because I was so passionate in being the best I could be. And to this day I’m still a good athlete, and I football fanatic/junkie.

So if you just put some passion into whatever you chose to do, you will bring happiness to oneself. So in order to achieve true happiness from life put your heart and soul into everything you do. Other wise why bother doing it.