judging people

Baldeep - plano, Texas
Themes: prejudice

“Judgments prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances”

I believe that one can’t judge people by their wealth, looks, or race. An individual should be judged with his or her intelligence and his way how he interact with others and the manners etc. By doing comparison, it has been proved that the person with kind and compassionate heart is better than who show off of their wealth and beauty. Sometimes it seems that the person wearing expensive cloths and looking all cool is really nice person and attracts others to hang out with him but that provides the idea when that person open his mouth and start talking in slang language.

Last summer I went back to my hometown to visit my family. I was traveling in a train and I got out of my berth and the fellow from my behind tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and I saw my class mate from my sophomore year of High school. He actually left school after his sophomore year and I couldn’t talk to him after that. He was dressed very simple and looked nice but I didn’t ask him why he quit coming to school. We went to a restaurant to talk. My classmate was talking to me and I was trying to ignore him. But he was polite and calm. We talked and talked and when the waiter came I asked him about the bill then he said you don’t have to pay madam, I was astonished. I looked at his face because I thought that he is paying for it. But the waiter told me that this person owns this restaurant. I couldn’t believe that and my classmate started smiling and he started telling me that he owns other 3 of the restaurant of this area. Now I was thinking that he is above than me and I am nothing in front of him.

I felt that it is really stupid to judge people through their physical appearance. It is important to work inside your body instead of your outside beauty to be a person who will be remembered by the world forever.