Were Will I Go?

Cody - Holton, Kansas

Were Will I Go?

My name is Cody and I am 16 years old and there are some things in my head that I’m not quite sure about like were will I go when I die. I believe that I will go to heaven, I know this isn’t usually what most kids my age think about, but it has caught my attention. I am pretty sure that it’s true that there is a heaven and a hell. So this is why I’m thinking about it cause what I have heard I definitely don’t want to go to hell, heck I don’t even know why somebody would, that is why I’m so concerned.

My mom told me that to get to heaven I have to be a good Christian follower. I have to help out people, be nice, and praise God. But the main thing that I have to do is become saved. She said that once you are saved you will go to heaven, I was little when she said this so I thought that as soon as I was saved I would die right then and there and go up to heaven. Now that scared me a little bit, then she explained and I finally understood what she was saying.

Now most people don’t get what this means or what you have to do. But I believe that being saved is asking God to forgive me for my sins, and praying for everybody that I have ever hurt or done anything to and pray for their forgiveness. I believe that I have to tell him that he can trust me to be a good Christian. I will try to do my best not to sin, and God should be able to trust me on that. Now I don’t know what most people think but this is what I believe. I know there are many different religions that believe different things. I try to go to church every Sunday to learn all I can. So I believe that I am halfway to making it to heaven. The other half is dying but I can wait for that to happen.