Love of God

Jenny - Plano/Tx/75074, Texas
Themes: Christianity

Love of God

As a young child my dad and mom made sure they taught their children the important morals of life. They made sure that we understood the importance of being honest and having the integrity to stand up for who we are. My mom always looked to God to supply our needs, not because it was a religious way of thinking, but because it was a way of life. She taught us two girls to protect our bodies because our bodies are the temple of God. Another thing my mom taught us as we grew up was that God had a husband for us. She taught us to be pure and not to act or do things that are corrupt. As I grew up, I always felt the greatest gift I could give my husband was myself. I knew without a doubt I was going to save myself for my husband because I wanted him to be able to receive a wife from God undefiled.

When I was seventeen I met a boy who absolutely swept me off my feet. I absolutely adored him in every aspect. He treated me like I was the most important thing in his life and always had a way of making me laugh no matter what hardships I was going through. He was Mr. Right. One time during his football game, somebody hit him and he immediately fell to the ground unconscious. My heart sank and I ran to him in the middle of the football field and all I could think of doing was to pray. The care flight came and took him to the hospital. After a while at the hospital he regained consciousness and I went to him. He was fine, but I realized the effects on me if I ever lost him. After a while of dating, I made the decision of giving myself to him. I felt he was the one, the one love of my life. I knew everybody found that perfect one and to me, he was it.

After I made this decision, a few weeks later one of my friends told me she knew he had cheated on me with a girl. I questioned him and he admitted it. After finding that out, everything seemed to just unravel. He had been lying to me and cheating on me with other girls. This was a life changing moment for me. I learned not to trust a single person except one man and that is my Lord Jesus Christ. His love for me is pure and steadfast. He will never leave me nor forsake me. He loves me so much he gave his life for me. My boyfriend did give me happiness, but I have now found the greatest joy in the world that dwells within me, and nobody can steal that away from me.