A Teenage Love

cecilia - spring valley, California
Themes: love

According to dictionary.com, love means: a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. Many people may think that a teenage love is more like lust, or puppy love, but in reality it is much more. A teenager is not a technical adult, but they are old enough to know what kind of feelings they are feeling inside their hearts. How do you know you’re in love with the right person?

Looking at his face and seeing his smile grow bigger and bigger when our eyes meet, only assures me that true love can really be found. The feeling I get when I hug him, or even by looking at him, makes me all warm inside. You see, I met my true love on the trolley a little over two years ago, through a mutual friend. We hardly became friends, more like acquaintances, rarely seeing each other, and exchanging few words no more than hello or goodbye. With a casual friendship like that, I would have never thought we’d fall in love, but everything changed one magical night.

As our relationship began, it was awkward just as every teenage relationship goes, but as time progressed we became inseparable, and still are to this day. I can still remember our first date, walking hand and hand, talking near the ocean, ignoring everyone around us, because no one else mattered. It was him and I, and that was perfect. Seeing each other at school, going home together, and hanging out every weekend, only brought us closer and closer together. My parents love him, he gets along with my friends, and it just makes life easier. I am happier than I’ve ever been. I have come to the point in my life, when I have come to realize that I need him by my side everyday. Without him, my day would be incomplete.

When your stomach flips at the sight of that special someone, if your heart races by the sound of their voice, then you know your in love. I know because I am a teenager in love with her teenage boyfriend. I am in love, or lust, hold it by what ever standards you want, but I know what I feel. I am a believer of true love, and my belief has carried me through out life, and has brought me an abundance amount of happiness.