Carpe Diem

Nathaniel - lithonia, Georgia
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in Carpe Diem, for the reason that life should be lived to its maximum capacity every day and not be wasted like the same unwanted holiday fruitcakes that Aunt Martha gives to all her relatives, year after year. It should be respected and valued, due to the fact that not everyone has the chance to live a long and healthy life. Not that you living your life to the fullest would be a compensation for theirs, but it will help the essence of life not to be taken for granted

I was and still am always told by my father that I should take advantage of every opportunity or experience that the day has to offer. He says to me all the time, “if you can do it today do not wait for tomorrow, because there will be new tasks for you to complete tomorrow”, or something along those lines. I was raised with the principles that I should attack whatever I am looking to accomplish, or any challenge that approaches me head on. Weather it be a searching for my first job (which is not going according to plan as of now) or finishing a homework assignment far in advance of the due date, and not waiting until eleven thirty the night before (as every other typical high school student does, but not me of course). I have found that these things should be done in proper time and manner in order to be successful in your task

Life is given to us not to be lethargic and lackadaisical and watch as our promising lives pass us by, but to kill as many birds with one stone. Not with the intention of sounding like a fortune cookie. This I believe.