Breathe

Brittany - Plano, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

Breathe

I believe that being spontaneous and adventurous is the key to living life to the fullest. People who never take risks and always play by the rules, I feel don’t ever really experience how far they can really go in life. I am most certainly not supporting law-breaking or telling society to drop everything and become insane.

My father always told me to be my own person. “Who cares what other people are doing? If you feel that something is a good way to help you into growing to be a better or stronger person, then go for it. Don’t hold back; always give everything your all. In addition, don’t be afraid to try something because it is new or scary to you.”

I have learned that time flies by faster than I could have ever imagined as a child. If an opportunity comes my way and I think it is a possibility that I might not catch it again, I am most definitely going to grab it while I can.

Roger Waters of Pink Floyd once said, “Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time. Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines.” I love that quote; it is one of my favorites. He also affirmed, “All you touch and all you see; is all your life will ever be.” I live my day-to-day life based on this quote. My life is what I make of it. I do believe that God has a major plan for every single person He has given life to. However, in saying that, I believe people control their own actions. The actions that they make are based solely on their own decisions. The course of actions that they choose lead to a bigger plan. They get there virtually on their own. God guides people, but does not force them. This brings me back to risks. I am an immense risk taker, even when I do not need to be. I thrive off the rush and adrenaline I feel when I take risks. I like to push myself just to see how far I can really go. I like to think that He wants me to take risks. If I set my sights low then I will never know. I will aim for the sky and set my sights high.

I have chosen to be this way; I just like to think that God wanted me to be very independent and spontaneous. I feel it makes life more interesting. It could lead to something incredible and set my feet onto a road where I have never been. It could also be disastrous. I will never know unless I try.