In Sports I Believe

Jennifer - Westminster, Vermont
Themes: sports

In Sports I Believe

Sports don’t just give you skill. I believe that from sports you can receive quite a few positive benefits. When you commit yourself to a certain sport, especially if you truly enjoy it, you can receive knowledge and positive benefits for yourself. Whether you’re 7 or 57, you can always benefit from sports. For example you learn the benefits of sportsmanship, leadership, and how your attitude can affect others. I believe that leaders can keep a team together. Staying healthy is important and you receive exercise from sports to keep you healthy. Also, when you’re playing sports I feel that you’re keeping close with your friends, or creating new ones. Sports can give you positive benefits and help build character for yourself.

From my own experience, I know sports are good for people. While I am snowboarding, nothing in the world matters to me. I use snowboarding almost like therapy; I believe it relieves my stress. It creates a new world, one where I want to succeed at the sport. When my body is relieved of stress it relaxes and I need to relax in life. Also snowboarding gets me outside in the winter and gives some exercise. I believe that winter is no excuse for not receiving any exercise. I have some good friends that snowboard with me and also family members, but also I have met new people who end up becoming good friends. I believe that sports have helped build me a character, one that I love.

Sports in high school can be very competitive and beneficial for students. In high school most students endure sports, whether it’s for a day or all four years. Students receive a good amount of knowledge learning how to be a good team mate, discipline, and respect. From high school sports you can go further in a career, they can get students scholarships for good secondary schools. Parents often look upon sports as a distraction. For most students it can be one of the main reasons that keeps them going back to school everyday, or keeping up with their grades.

Whether you are a young kid just learning a new sport or a pro athlete who has experience, sports are beneficial for all. Leadership, respect, discipline, and sportsmanship are some benefits you can receive from sports. Sports have as many benefits as the forest has trees. I believe in sports giving benefits to me. Sports help students create their character as a person, and from sports, I believe mine is a good character.