Hayley - grafton, Vermont

I believe that if you smile long enough, you become happy. Some people disagree. However, I believe this is true. If someone puts on a fake smile long enough, it tricks their brain into thinking that they are happy. Smiling creates a sense of happiness. Over a period of time, you’ll be used to smiling and used to feeling that sense of happiness.

If an individual is able to smile even though they are feeling the opposite, they must have happiness inside them. By finding it deep down within, they’ll be able to be truly happy. If people really think about it, they may find many things to be happy about in life. A warm feeling is guaranteed with a smile and many people need more positive emotions.

Personally, when I’m happy, smiling makes me feel even more happy. Smiling opens the portal to all the beautiful things the earth has to offer. Bright colors and amazing landscapes please my eyes and triggers my reflex to smile. When I feel the sensation to smile, I become speechless and for once I don’t have to have an answer to something. I can just appreciate it’s natural magnificense and let my smile say the words I cannot find. I know that by smiling, I could make it through situations when the urge to smile isn’t there.

People need to smile everyday. If they don’t it’s almost impossible for them to be happy. If someone isn’t smiling, they feel very down. Even when something tragic happens, it’s important to smile and send happy chemicals to your brain so your mind and your body are healthy.

It’s virtually impossible not to laugh at something or even smile at someone every day. Someone smiling at you can influence you to smile too. There are many reasons to smile. Also, different emotions can bring a smile. Sometimes good emotions, and sometimes, sad emotions.