The Pilot G2

Adam - Bryant, Arkansas

A few days ago, I wrote a piece of fiction. My rough draft was written on notebook paper with my personal favorite pen – the Pilot G2. I feel like many people underestimate the power of a good pen.

I believe in the kind of pen that doesn’t just write – it glides. I prefer black ink, but the color is less important. It’s the way the pen floats across the paper that matters. That pen that sails smoothly through your sentences without smears or unwanted pools of black, blue, or red. It’s the pen that takes control of your hand, and when it does, there is no stopping it. The kind of pen that feels so comfortable between your fingers that hours of writing turn to minutes, and minutes to seconds.

Though it may seem insignificant in the grand scheme of things, a pen can take you where no car, bus, train, plane, or bike could dare to venture. A good pen enhances your story, gives life to your characters, or maybe even excitement to the Sunday grocery list. We all have a favorite pen. When you go to the dollar store or the local Wal-Mart, there is always one pen that jumps out from that wall of seemingly never-ending Pilots, BIC’s, and Paper Mates. It’s the kind of pen that isn’t visible when you look at the back of the page – unless, of course, you hold it up to the light. The kind of pen that, when you use it, your words grow larger and your ideas stronger.

Everyone has his or her favorite writing utensil, whether it’s the Pilot G2 or the BIC Ultra. The one comfortable ink-ended miniature stick that bridges the gap between the brain and the world of paper.

I believe in a good pen.