I Believe in Love

Amanda - Bryant, Arkansas

At the age of twenty-eight I began for the first time in my life to grasp the depths of love. After six years of marriage I faced a brutal reality. The betrayal by someone that owned a majority of my heart was near unbearable. The only thing that kept me going during my divorce was my two precious little girls. In June 2006 I felt an awakening. To what I now believe to be my true identity. The reality I met was that my old self had to die in order to fully become aware of my new self, my true self.

January 2007 was the time I packed and stored all of my and my girl’s material belongings, moved in with my mother, and returned to college. My senses heightened and for brief periods I felt alive again. Two years later, after continuous highs and lows, I can proudly say I am ab junior in college, a self-published author, and a brand new person filled with more love than I ever thought possible. The fundamental lesson I’ve learned from the past few years is that being honest with yourself and with others, along with acting in love each day, is the root to leading a happy life regardless of your circumstances.

I look around the world and see so many broken hearts, so much pain, and so many personal histories filled with turmoil. Me being me-well, I want more than anything to develop the ability to fix it all. But how? I believe that love is the answer and it is love that holds the power to heal our broken worlds. Some may know love as, “Random Acts of Kindness” and others as “Paying it Forward.” There are many ways to describe what love is, but do we really know how deep the roots go? I believe we must know the depths of love before we begin whole-heartedly believing in its amazing power.

The only thing I know to do at this point to keep love alive is to walk through life expressing love in every situation possible. To me, love is telling the truth even when it hurts. Love is unconditional. Love is caring when no one else will. Love is listening. Love is forgiving-everyone. Love is having faith. Love is remembering. Love is letting go. Love is having patience. Love is endurance. Love hurts-more than anything. Love is being silly. Love is giving a helping hand even when you’re in a hurry. Love is never-ending and there when all else fades away. Love is in everyone, even if it is hard to find. Love is “The Way, the truth, the light.” Love is the key. Love is the root of happiness.

There are countless ways to express love. The point is to remember to express it. What if there were no tomorrow? Would you do anything differently? So what are you waiting for?

I believe in you,

I believe in love.