Why Not To Depend On Other People

Nicholas - Bellows Falls, Vermont

Why Not To Depend On Other People

I believe, “you can’t depend on anyone else; you can only depend on yourself”. I agree with this belief because in life you never know who your true friends are until you need them the most. You never are one-hundred percent sure who you can and can’t trust. That’s just the type of world we live in, its “survival of the fittest only the strong survive”. You can only depend on yourself because you are the only person you know that you can truly trust, and depend on. Also you can only depend on yourself because you should always be the one to take care of your own problems, and you shouldn’t depend on someone else to take care of your problems for you.

One time I had a problem with someone who tried to get me arrested and I asked one of my friends if he could help me out, but he told me that I got myself into this situation so I have to get myself out of it, which later on I did. After that experience I don’t depend on anyone else but myself. I’m willing to help someone else out when their in a bad situation, but when I’m the one in the bad situation nobody can ever go out of their way to try to help me out. But I guess that’s just the way that life works out sometimes. You shouldn’t depend on someone who doesn’t care about you as much as you do. So therefore you should never depend on anyone but yourself. You are the only person in this world who you know you can truly trust.

To solve the problem I had with the person who tried to get me arrested, I called her and asked her what her problem was. She told me that it wasn’t her and that it was someone else. Now we are talking again and are close friends. That situation was a tough one to be in especially when it was someone who you were close to that was trying to get you in trouble. But, like I said I got that problem all worked out and its part of the past.

Bad Situations are a part of life. But you have to do your best to try to rise above the problem and move on with your life. And that’s why you shouldn’t depend on anyone but yourself.