accomplishing dreams

Brandon - bucharest, Romania

How would you feel to be lying on your death bed thinking of the life you have just lived and realizing that you never accomplished your dream? I am an American missionary skateboarder kid whose passion in life is to be the skater of the future. I am 17 years old and have had a lot of experiences in my life time. Some of my experiences were good and others were bad but the experience that I will always remember is that experience of accomplishing my goal. In life sometimes people don’t accomplish there dreams, because of the thought of things being impossible. Life goes by fast and for some life goes by faster.

Some dreams are impossible but if a dream is realistic there is no reason not to accomplish them. Ever since I started to skate, I always thought that this sport would be impossible for me to do. I thought this because of the balance needed and at the time I remember not having really any balance at all. Something that kept me going in this dream was the thought of failing-something that I really hated. Even though I thought that it was impossible I realized now that it was not. I realized the only thing I had to do was to stay committed to my dream.

During all of my pain of breaking bones from trying a new trick or just from flying down stairs I realized something. I realized that after 11 years of me skateboarding had finally accomplished my dream. Certainly I had a lot of broken bones and sundries from it but from just the thought of me accomplishing the dream it was worth it all. My dream was to become a respected skateboarder and to show my country that I am here and that I do what I do to represent them. At age 17 and an American living in Romania “a historical communist country” I am now one of the best skateboarders here. I did not get to this level in skateboarding just from messing around; I had to put hard work into my dream. Every day when I would go home I would watch skateboarding movies of all the big famous skateboard companies. I would sit there for hours a day watching how the world’s best skateboarders skated and what they did. That’s how I learned how to skate I would study the way that they would move their feet and where to place my feet on the board, and when the next day would come I would go out to the skate park and try the new trick. Some times tricks would take me days to weeks to land.

I believe that if you have something that you want to do in your life time, don’t give up because it seems too hard,’ just go for it; The more committed you are to something the easier and faster you will end up doing it. Even if something seems impossible it does not mean that it’s impossible it just means that you will have to work hard on it. I did not give up because life is short and I don’t have much time to do my deed in life.