I believe in Dedication

Brandon - Ann Arbor, Michigan

I believe that more than anything else in the world, dedication is the key to achieving your goals. Have you ever looked at a sports team, like football, and thought “what is it that makes one player better than another?”…”What causes this?” I believe that the answer is dedication.

Players who are dedicated to their sport, often succeed at it. Dedication isn’t just being at practice on time, and participating, or even just working hard in practice. Dedication is living and breathing your sport, outside of practice when no one else is watching, for the good of your team. It’s players that spend hours a day throwing passes against their garage, and running in their neighborhood just to give their team that little competitive edge. It’s appreciating that sport at any level that it’s played, from the young kid at the park barely old enough to walk stumbling behind a soccer ball to the professional players at Stamford bridge taking shots for a living.

It’s these dedicated players who make it. It’s that little bit that makes them able to run and catch that ball, hit a home run, and score the game winning goal. Their dedication is what will find them in the big leagues, while their old team mates are stuck watching them on TV. What makes them different? Their efforts are always for the good of the team, and not for the individual. Even if it’s not them who hits the three point shot, they stole the ball to make it possible. When people see this it’s obvious there’s something different about them. They’re dedicated.