Life is Beautiful Because of Us

Stephanie - San Antonio, Texas

I believe that life is beautiful. Every smile shared, every tear shed, every word spoken, and every step taken creates the person who I become. I live for the moments that take my breath away, the experiences that can only be understood if you were there. From seeing a grown man fall to his knees in tears to a young couple discovering what true love is for the first time, I aspire to find the beauty in life. Both optimists and cynics have beauty in my eyes. Death, which is a part of life, resembles beauty in my heart. And the love I have for my Lord is the beauty in my soul. Finding peace amid all the chaos is stunning and looking at the cup as not half-empty or half-full, but rather overflowing with blessings is astonishing to me. Faith is beautiful. Hope is inspiring. Love is fulfilling. Life is worth living.

Life is comprised of so much more than a few moments in time; it is also made up of the people that I love and those who love me. My friends are like the family members that I got to choose. These relationships give me the chance to have a second family that I can talk to without being worried that my actual family will get upset. It is this trust that keeps our bonds strong. Each one of them adds a piece of radiance in my heart and soul. They help make my life beautiful.

One day, I hope to pursue a religious life as a Catholic sister. I find beauty in serving others and giving of myself. For when we give fully of ourselves, that is when we truly receive. I personally feel touched and called by God to be his light to others, and everyday I try to emulate his holiness so I can transform into the person that he wants me to be.

The most powerful phrase I believe someone can say is only three words long. I think these three words should be spoken to everyone in some way because of its impacting message. “I love you.” Life is too unexpected to either never say those words or to say them with no meaning – just empty words. Like I said before, life is beautiful because of the people that make up this world. Both you and I can make a difference starting with those three words. I believe in never giving up on love and always holding on to hope because hope never disappoints.

This I believe. Three important words. Nice and short. Sweet and simple. To the point. Only need three. I love you. You love me. Love each other. Hand in hand. Side by side. Living each moment. Together at last. Till the end. Never to part. Hearts become one. Two souls inseparable. Commit to love. Trust in love. Believe and Hope. Dream and desire. Never be afraid. Don’t look back. Only look ahead. Life is beautiful. Because of us.