I Can Still Believe

Chukuemeka - Houston, Texas

No one bothered him, he was of a distinct smell as he slept in the burdens of those around him. He was a good brother- doing all that he could to support a family that forgot his love. A

brother’s only wish deffered like a rasin in the sun. A brother’s death festered like a soar but couldn’t run. There were no shedding of tears, there were no morose. He only wanted a

second chance, he only wanted for people to hear the wales of penance he uttered at night, he just wanted to be loved. She was the last of the family, second to my brother, with no mom

or dad to teach me the way of life. On mornings, she would see him light a cigar, on Sundays too, he would puffed the cigar, at night he would cough uncontrollably. Just to later continue

his addicting habits. He slept at night with the breath of cigars. After years of homage towards her father she soon asked him that night why did you smoke today, why do you smoke

everyday, why do you cough at night, why do you do this to yourself, why don’t you treat me like your drugs, why I am not like your drug, why dont you give me the attention I need, why

can’t I affect your life, why she would plead. On school hours she would speak abrasively towards others in a gaudy way. At first I felt that she was just another girl trying to be a “fit-in” at

school, at first I felt that she was to formidable to try to understand, feeling ominous I kept my distance. I believe in second chances, I believe that those who do wrong pay for there

consequences, I believe that if everyone treated others the way they wanted to be treated the world would be better. He only wanted another chance at life, to go back and wish he never

did drugs. Now he lays dead in a tomb, a tomb that will creek at night, a tomb that compresses his body, a tomb that hinders him forever from his family. I believed in second chances, I

believed that those who do wrong pay for there consequences, I believed that if everyone treated others the way they wanted to be treated the world would be better. Now, I don’t know

what to believe, but I’m still believing. I’m still believing in second chances, I’m still believing that those who do wrong pay for there consequences, I’m still believing that if everyone

treated others the way they wanted to be treated the world would be better. I still believe.