Jacqueline - San Diego, California
Themes: love

Have you ever heard “I’m falling in like with you”? No it’s probably, “I’m falling in love with you”, that’s most common. Love is an overused word. People use love too loosely and to fill in that void in their heart. Love has a special meaning to it, but its so wore down that when someone really means it, its just a word. Most people, who use it, are teenagers; they don’t even know what love is but want to think they do. Teenagers want to have that feeling of being in love; to be able to say they are in love. Most girls believe when guys say they love you. They fall for everything a guy says. The L word, love, should not be used often unless someone really means it.

I never use love unless I truly mean it. Honestly, I have used love once, but when I think about it, I’m sure it wasn’t love. I just wanted to think I was in love. We went out for a year and everything was so perfect, but I’m to young to know what true love is. I’ll know when I’m in love. I learned not to be naive and listen to everything guys say, unless I really feel they do, because most of the time guys just say that. I feel that if someone is in love, they will feel it, and know for sure.

Love is not something that is questioned. Love is unconditional, no matter what; it will only bring you closer. Even the Bible has the definition of what real love it:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoice in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails”.

Love takes time and people rush into saying love too loosely and too soon. I believe in love, true love, but because people abuse the word, it loses its meaning. It is overused in wrong ways.

Love is love.