I Believe In Me

Steve - Kingston, Oklahoma

I Believe In…

I find it hard to say what I believe in. I of course I believe in God, Jesus being my savior and all of that, but that is more of what I have faith in. I find it ironic that I also believe in myself, but I don’t have faith in myself. I’m not going to go into religion but rather an essay about the differences of the belief I have in myself,and the equal lack of faith in myself. I look back on my life and I see a pattern of fortunes and failures. My life is not a constant stream, but rather a ravenous river with waterfalls and jagged rocks. I believe in myself because I know I’m alive, but I don’t have the faith or knowledge to know what path the river will take me.

I have risen and triumphed over many obstacles and have let others down on other occasions. I have been the hero and the villain. I make decisions to help people daily, to try and help others in need, but I am the cause of my own failings. I believe that I can help others in ways that I can’t help myself. I lack the faith that I will help myself as I help others. I know now, after seeing the outcomes of previous bad decisions and seeing the horrible consequences that I believe I have it in me to change. If I can rise up against the challenges set before me and strengthen my belief that I can be a better person, maybe I’ll regain faith in myself.

If one is to have faith in something, he has to believe in it with his whole heart. You can’t believe in something without a merited reason, but if you do believe in something with all your soul, you gain faith in that thing. I believe in myself and that I can become a better person, but I need to strengthen that belief. If I strengthen that belief, maybe I’ll find faith in myself to achieve my dreams, my goals, a better self.

I think we all should believe in ourselves more. Rise up against life’s challenges and live for yourself, your friends, and your family. Only we can choose to believe that we can live the life we deserve. If we believe in ourselves, that we can overcome any obstacle that is laid before us. However we must first choose to believe, if we are to have faith that we can reach our destinies.