Walter - Houston, Texas

A Song of Hope

I believe that music and the reaching of world peace can and should go hand in hand. Music is something many people listen to, which is why it could be a very powerful weapon in trying to convey the message that war is wrong and peace should be spread worldwide. As music is international, peace can be international. All it needs is a little push so that it can be exposed to the world. We are that push.

Music is a very popular thing and people all over the world listen to it and love it. This makes music one of the most effective and powerful “weapons” we have in our arsenal. Some people believe that war is a good thing and that it is one of our nation’s most dangerous weapons; and it is. It is the most dangerous, but not the most effective. Music is a more useful and easier way to get around the world, than is war. War is expensive; music is not as much. War is not something that everyone likes. Music is something that almost everyone enjoys and takes notice of. The gift of music is something that should be used wisely, and not to gain money, but to help a morally decaying world in need.

The concept of world peace may seem difficult to convey to a nation, but compared to demonstrating it internationally, it is facile. In America, the release of one single is released to the whole nation, and maybe Canada, England, and some Latin American countries if concerned. The problem with this, however, is that these nations are not involved too much in violent international affairs. America is an easy nation to turn around, because of our slacking off and the nature we have that wants us to fit in with the rest of our peers. Internationally, however it is more than just “fitting in”; it is a religious “jihad”. How we can turn their attention to what we have in us, is a problem that all of us should be working on.

Music is a powerful weapon and when we do not have the availability or publicity, we should help out nationally or even just community-wide. World peace is a concept and idea that we can make happen, but we should not only take care of the violence in our world, but also the violence in us as a nation. This, I believe.