All Men are Not Created Equal

Shayla - Morehead, Kentucky
Themes: equality

All men are not created equal, in rights and freedoms yes, but in the man that they are, not so much. I believe that the truth of a man is the way he treats a woman and the way he reflects true values.

I have seen the way men treat women to this day and have been the brunt of that treatment. Discrimination on the intelligence of women, the use of women as sexual objects, and the undermining of the effort women put into life are three issues I have seen in most male and female relationships, be it professional or personal.

March is Women’s History Month and to me I believe that we need to focus on what is present as much as past. Look at where women have come and also where we need to go. I think the true place to go is to each other and men, we have to begin change when we can.

As earlier stated all men are not created equal in values and treatment of others.

My little brother is one of the only things I truly believe and trust in this world. He is a man who has been created far better than others.

The poor kid grew up in a single parent household with a mother and a sister, but this type of lifestyle gave him this refreshing sense of self and the world around him.

He loves women and seeks to understand them for the people they are. While his fellow senior males in high school are fondling girls under bleachers and behind lockers my little brother is talking them through the tiny tragedies all teenage girls have.

He has said he learned from my mother and my own mistakes and will not repeat them. Romance is of the utmost importance to him, his search to better comprehend how things work and the patience of a Buddhist monk allows this man to be sincere and generous to all those around him.

He respects women and finds the good even when I can only point out the bad in them. My brother’s positive attitude towards life, love and women makes me step back and examine how I treat the others of my sex, and wonder if I am holding change back.

Sometimes he pokes fun at me for the things I have gotten into throughout my life and then throws his arm around me and tells me he’s glad I got out of the situation, this coming from someone four years younger than me.

The radiation from him allows others, men and women to be at ease with themselves. Treat others the way you want to be treated, but mostly treat the women in the world like they are your mother or sister. Respect, love, seek to understand them, and uplift them instead of tearing them down.

I believe that not all men are created equal in values, I believe that the way we treat each other is the greatest way to create change and most importantly I believe in my brother and that more men should be like him.