I Believe

Eduardo - Mineola, Texas

What I really believe in is that a lot of hardworking Mexicans should be legalized.

I think they should be legalized because a lot of them do a lot of low paying jobs that some other people don’t want to do, and although some don’t want them here and they would like to throw them back to Mexico, by doing that, they won’t find someone else who will do those jobs.

A lot of Mexicans come over here because the place that they come from doesn’t really have a lot of jobs, or there are no jobs, so they come here to get a job and help their families back home, by sending money for food, bills, school for their kids, and other stuff.

Some of the times, when they see that there is a good way to live in the United States., they will save up a lot of money, so that they can bring their families here, so that they too, can have good lives.

I also believe that Mexicans should also be treated equally, like when sometimes when a person sees that a Mexican is speaking Spanish, he gets offended and looks a you ugly. Also by being treated the same. Sometimes when I go to the store, I see the cashier being all nice to a white person, and when it’s my turn, I can tell how her attitude changes. When she gives me the change, it looks like she doesn’t even want to get her hand close to mine like if it had dirt on it or something.

So overall, I think that Mexican should be legalized so that they won’t have to worry about being sent back to Mexico. They should be treated equal, just as everyone else who lives in the United States