Impossible is Nothing, and Nothing is Impossible

Eran - Birmingham, Alabama

I believe that anything is possible. Some may ask what anything is. Is anything getting into a good school, solving a hard problem, or winning a game? Anything is everything and everything is possible.

My first experience that taught me that anything is possible was the 2004 State Cup Semi-Final game. My soccer team and I had only a few minutes to score a goal to be able to advance to the final game. My team was down a player and our coach had been thrown out of the game. Most of us were tired, so the last minutes of the game were tough. Eventually one of my teammates gathered enough strength to dribble down the sideline and score our first goal. In the last minute of the game, I got a cross off and another teammate got a head to it, scoring our second goal. I was overjoyed to see my team push through disadvantage and fatigue to score two goals and make it to the finals.

This was the day that proved to me that anything is possible. On this day, my team and I overcame barriers, and I realized that there are no impossible situations, just barriers in the human mind that make them impossible. These barriers are small, nagging doubts of failure and defeat. They are not hard to overcome. All that is needed is a little drive in your mind saying “don’t give up”. This drive will tear these barriers down and provide the necessities to overcome the barrier, like my team. When a person has overcome a barrier for the first time, he too will realize that “impossible” is nothing.

Another way to look at this would to be that all these nagging doubts are hurtles in a person’s life. All they need to do is take a little leap, maybe risk something, and land on the other side with ease. We can’t let anyone stand in our way and say we cannot do it. We need to keep trying in order to succeed. Never let up, never quit trying, and every situation can be handled.

“Everything is possible” sounds pretty hard, but if someone tries hard enough, they will conquer those barriers. When everything seems lost and there is no more drive, just remember that anything is possible; all we have to do is believe.