A Time For Change

Brooke - Girard, Ohio
Themes: equality, love

A Time For change

It is time for change. It is hard sometimes to look at things in a different perspective that you’re not used to, especially when you are raised to believe in something. I understand this believe me I do. I myself feel as though it is time for people to except others for who they are, to stop judging, and to open their eyes to the different perspectives in every situation.

Occasionally conversations that I feel strongly about get brought up. I just can’t understand how people can mean the things that they say sometimes. Does providing women still in high school with a day care really encourage them to go out and get pregnant? Whether this is provided for them or not I don’t believe it will change anything. My opinion is, ya accidents happen, girls are going to have sex either or. Accidents happen even when you are protected, you should know this. Of course I’m not saying this isn’t their fault because they definitely made the choice. Encouraging them to stay in school is a great idea, don’t you think? It is hard still being in school already with a kid, most drop out which is obviously not good at all. wouldn’t you rather encourage them to stay in school and be able to provide for their new family, allowing that child to live a better life than it probably would if their mother or father dropped out of school. I just can’t imagine someone making the decision to have sex based on if they have a day care waiting for them at school. Even though day care will make it easier to go to school I still see it as being a difficult task to juggle.

Most of the time when the topic gay marriage gets brought up I end up being very frustrated wondering why people think this way. This is a touchy subject for many people on both sides including me. I also understand more than you think such as, marriage means a lot to many people, and it’s suppose to be originally between a man and a woman. I cannot bring myself to understand why so many people make a big deal about gay couples making a commitment to one another. Why can’t we just leave them be and let them live their lives their own way instead of singling them out. People aren’t supposed to get divorced but that has been added along the way so why can we not allow gay couples to become committed as well. I don’t think people realize that marriage means different things to certain people. Not all may take it as a religious statement at all. I don’t think especially since we consider our selves Americans should be able to ban gay marriages. It is their lives and them being married does not hurt anyone.