Boone - USA

I believe in loyalty. It’s the value I treasure most. It started in my childhood and is with me today. No one can break it. No one can take it. It’s non-negotiable. When push come to shove, if you’re a good friend of mine, and I’m not talking about the casual-conversation, let’s eat lunch together and talk about the weather kind of friend, I’ll be there for you. Time has no bearing. Sight gone unseen.

‘If I die for Jesus, will I go to heaven?’ “Directly!” This is how I was raised. I hope I won’t deny him, though it may cost me my life. The greatest gift is to lie down your life for a friend. What you do to the least of my brother, you do onto me.

I’m scared. I hope it never comes to that. I hope I can react without hesitation. I want my friends to know I love them. I feel an obligation to prove my loyalty to strengthen theirs. So, until the gun is pointed in my direction or I’m given the choice, I’ll continue doing the little things that mean so much. Can you help me move? Can you take our picture? Can we talk? ‘Absolutely!’

I’ve been blessed with a number of friends that transcend time and boundary. You know who you are. You’re as much a part of me as much as I am to myself. You’ll always be. Neil Young wrote “One of these days, I’m going to sit down and write a long letter to all the good friends I’ve known. And I’m going to try and thank them all for the good times together, though so apart we’ve grown.”

Here’s my letter.

I love you. You can always count on me. I’m so proud to be your friend and won’t ever forget our times, though we may not have talked for years. I think of you often and want you to know, that if you ever need me, I’ll be there. Call! If I don’t answer, leave a message and I’ll call you back. I screen my calls.